Easy ways to save a lot of money

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Target Deals

Cat Food Deal:  Target- new Iams cat food is $6.99 for the small bag and there is a $5 coupon, making it only $1.99 for a bag of premium cat food.

The other day, I saw "blinkies"  (coupons that are hanging on aisles that come out of a feeder) for the Johnson & Johnson first aid series ($1 off any coupon) I believe I picked up 3 of them at Giant Eagle....  Target has the small first aid kits for $0.97 each - so they end up being FREE.  (CVS carries them for $0.99 each, and Walgreens carries them for some crazy high price like $2.19 each)

I also saw on the clearance section at the end of the aisles the Electrasol dishwasher tabs (20 ct) marked down to $3.09.  I still have several $2.50 coupons for those- but I didn't have them on me- so I'll go back and pick up a couple for $0.59 each.

We really needed batteries- we bought some off brand before and they would die so fast- that I would take 5 pictures and load them on the computer and the batteries would be DEAD.  Ridiculous.  So we ended up going with Duracell this time- we used a $2 off Target only coupon and a $1.50 coupon from the Sunday paper (Target allows coupons stacking) so we got 24 batteries for $9.50.  Not incredibly awesome- but cheaper than paying $3 for 4 batteries.

We also went to Once Upon A Child for a couple of things for my son.  He needed swimming trunks and some casual shoes.  It was slightly cheaper than going to look at the stores- but it was mostly convenient that it was all in one spot so I could grab and go pretty quickly, well as quickly as you can go with 2 guys in haul at a clothing store anyways.

I saved 57% today-  so-so.  It HAS to be over 50% or I get upset with myself for overpaying.  57% doesn't include the consignment shopping, just the retail shopping trips.   

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers