Easy ways to save a lot of money

Friday, April 23, 2010

Great deal

I've been slacking with posts-- but shopping a lot.

Here is a decent shopping trip (some spects were good, others not as good)
Here is a trip from last night.  I got everything on the right at Target and everything on the left from Walgreens. 

At Target, my excellent deal was the Crest 3D white strips.  I got both for $9.98.  They retail at $24.99 each ($49.98 for both).
I had a $10 off coupon that was good at Target only AND a $10 off coupon for Crest 3D strips that was a mfr coupon.  Taret will accept 1 mfr coupon PLUS 1 Target only coupon.  (Coupon stacking rocks!)
The other deal I did was pretty good too- actually great... The Scrubbing Bubbles were all around $2.50 - I think the Spray was less than that.  I had $0.75 off coupons for each and then also a $5 gift card coupon WYB 3 any scrubbing bubbles.  The gift card coupon took $5 off my purchase instead of giving me a gift card- so I actually made $0.60 on just buying them.  THEN on top of that- there is a MIR for $5 WYB 3 SC Johnson items.  So, I'll have made $5.60 on just purchasing those and paying attention to other deals out there too.  I'll have to find the link for the rebate and post it later.

I also made up 6 gift baskets with things that I bought for cheap or free over the last few months and gave them out as anniversary gifts for a mulit-couple anniversary party that we had a few weeks ago for family.  Here's how those turned out:

They were a hit.  I was relieved.  We don't have a lot of money being down to one income and buying for so many couples gets really pricey.  I think each basket cost less than $10 out of pocket.  I was buying things for cheap and free for months and collecting it up for them.  I didn't make a huge dent in my "stash" either.  (but I did free up for a little room for new stuff)

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers